Friday, January 2, 2009

Rowan's Birth Story


I went into labor around 4am on Sunday, November 30th. I woke up for the usual early morning trips to the bathroom and then could not fall asleep again because I was uncomfortable. So I woke Esten up and we decided to get up even though we knew we should try to get as much rest as possible. We thumbed through our Bradley Method book to review the physical and emotional signs of the stages of labor. My contractions were about 5 minutes apart in the beginning. We ate cereal and took a shower getting ready for what we were pretty sure was the big day. At about 8am I was laying in the bed and my water broke and my contractions were getting closer together and more intense. And at this point I don't remember anything else well enough to write about it. Esten help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment