Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicken Beginnings

Remember this post? My backyard chicken dream is coming true. I asked for a chicken coop for my birthday and my in laws went far beyond what I expected. It's not only my birthday present but a gift for all of us.

Here is the tractor just off of the 18-wheeler that backed into our cul-de-sac. We are going to turn those pallets into a compost bin.



Not long after we took the shrink wrap off, someone crawled in.

And we put the other one in too.
They loved it, despite the sad eyes in this photo.

Here is the run before assembly.

During assembly.

Once we got the coop all together we had to wheel it in the backyard for a photo op.
And, phew, it fits through the gate. You can see our new raised bed gardens in this picture. We are excited to see how things grow here, as our last garden was in College Station, TX. If you garden and know that area then you know what I mean.

Here she is all put together. As Rowan says at least once an hour, "It's awesome."

Proud husband talking with our neighbor, Joe. It's cool they still love us.

Pics of chicks coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment