Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 2011

2010 found us in six different homes, two countries and living out of our suitcases for 5 months of the year. I wouldn't change one second of our experience but I'm ready for a less mobile 2011. As I was telling my father-in-law this at Christmas and telling him how I was looking forward to an uneventful year, he calmly said, "You're having a baby this year." Oh yeah, that's what I've been meaning to write about! Rowan is going to be a big brother to baby girl Mason in May. We have been telling him that I have a baby in my tummy and he now points to his and says, "Baby in there." I guess he understands,if not he will soon enough.

Rowan has turned into a little person these days and will talk your face off; most of which you might understand. He still has some words that he pronounces wrong every time and I love them. My favorite is wok-wee. Broccoli, of course. Water has gone from agua, to ah-wok and is now wok-er. Will he ever get it right again?

By little person, I mean he has an opinion about everything, including his clothes. He made me take him out in public like this.


The shirt was too small and who taught him to tuck his pants in the boots? He is entertaining! I took him to try out a gymnastics class and I watched through a one-way window. 50% of the time he was jumping on the trampoline in the back of the gym, alone. But it was his first experience with another adult giving him instruction and for the first 15 minutes or so he was digging it. I'm still debating whether to sign him up for the class. Here is a video of the very beginning of the class. Excuse the chatting women but I like that you can hear Rowan let out the occasional scream so I didn't want to dub over the voices.




It snowed a few inches here this week and I took him outside to explore the snow. He touched it and told me it was "colt" and then when I finally convinced him to walk in it, he told me it was "crunchy." I think I got an "awesome" out of him too. After that he wanted to come back inside, which is where we've been this entire week. It's been so cold, 5 in the morning when we wake up and warming up to 30 by the afternoon. I checked the weather in NYC and it's warmer there this week than it is here.





Along with my stable 2011, I'm hoping that I'll be able to share more with you all here.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you both!!!! That is so awesome! Rowan is too cute in his gym class. I was at costco the other day and saw a canvas painting that made me think of you and Rowan. It was pretty cute. It was a painting of an owl, and underneath it was the definition for unique: 1. Being the only one of its kind.
    2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

    I loved it. If you want to see it, the lady that does them is Mary Jack. I think she has a website if you search her.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete